|Blue Uncia - Home - SoL - Styleswitcher:|
Exchanging links and affiliating|
If you would like to exchange links, please let me know. There are a few things I should say about this, though.
1. Make sure there is a particular reason why I should link to you. Despite all appearances, I don't just link to random websites. For instance, if you're a webcomic-artist, that could be a good reason for me to link to your site.
2. I will not link to forums, or forum threads. They are just too confusing to navigate for outsiders.
3. I'll also not be very likely to link to you, if your site contains explicit mature content. I'm not very picky, but I have my limits.
4. I no longer use buttons and banners for all the links on my links page, just for a few of my favourite sites. My previous links page was very banner-heavy, and it took forever to load, so I decided to switch to text links. In other words, you no longer need to send me banners if you want me to link to you.
5. You should have a decent website. I don't care if you didn't make it yourself, but you really should have some worthwhile content.
6. If I linked to you on my own, that doesn't mean I expect you to return the favor. I'd really appreciate it if you did, but it's not necessary. I linked to you, because I found your website to be worthwhile. :)
7. Links will be removed from the linkspage if your url dies, and if I have no way of knowing if and when your site will be back. Inactivity alone, won't easily get you removed from the page, though. Some of the sites I link to, haven't been updated in months.
8. Your site must be in English.
Affiliates will have to meet a tougher set of rules to be allowed in. An affiliate gets a link to his or her site on every non-popup page on my site.
1. I will only affiliate to other webcomics. Sorry guys, that's how it is...
2. Your webcomic doesn't have to be particularly welldrawn (or even drawn at all), to qualify as an affiliate. I'll also affiliate to sprited webcomics, but you'll have to seriously impress me.
3. Your webcomic can be about anything. Seriously! It doesn't have to be about a similar subject as my work.
4. You have to keep updating your comic, or it must be a completed work. If you stop updating your comic for over six months, you'll removed from the list of affiliates. Don't worry, all affiliates will also get linked to on my links page. These links will not be removed, unless your website drops dead all together. If you start to update your webcomic again, I'll put you right back on the affiliates list. :)
5. You don't have to be a frequent updater. I don't care if you update your comic once, three times or five times a week. It's all good to me. I'm a slow updater too. ^_^
6. I don't use textlinks for my affiliates. I'll only use banners. Your banner must be 88x31 pixels and I prefer them non-animated (makes them faster to load, you see). Please make sure they are .jpg, .gif or .png files. If you want me to use a specific banner, please e-mail it to me. If you don't have a banner like this, or if you don't know how to make one, I'll gladly make one for you.
7. Affiliates will be listed in alphabetical order.
8. This next point is probably a little hard to explain, but your comic must appeal to me personally. I must really like it, or it might not be accepted as an affiliate. It's hard to explain what I do and what I don't like in comics. The best way to find out is to just go ahead and ask me. If I decide not to accept you as an affiliate, chances are I'll still include your link on the linkspage, so it won't be a total loss, right?
9. Again, you don't have to build your own website to qualify as an affiliate. I don't mind if your site is actually hosted by one of the many free webcomic-hosters out there. It has to be in English, though.
10. All of these points are not absolute rules, they are guidelines. Although it would be a great plus if you do meet these requirements, I might still accept someone who doesn't fully meet these 'rules'. So basically, I guess I'm saying that it never hurts to ask.
So there you have it. I hope I don't seem too harsh or anything, but when it comes to putting people on the links page, I'm really not that picky. I'll be very likely to at least allow you on that page, even if I won't affiliate. So, don't take all this too personal. Of course, you can also just link to me without asking me. You can find some nice buttons and banners right here.
Copyright © 2006-2012 Blue Uncia - Charlotte. I do NOT own the rights to Pokémon or any other
trademark. I DO own the copyrights to all my drawings, paintings and other creative products, including
the storyline and the characters of my webcomic, Stuff of Legend. Please, do not copy any of this site's
content without my explicit written permission and please do not hotlink.
Art found in the 'Guest art' section belongs to their individual creators, and was posted on this website with their permission. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.